If I say, “The Lord matters,” most Christians will say “Of course He does – what good is stating the obvious?” But how many Christians today will think and act as if the Lord matters?
We have our plans, we have our intentions, we have our hopes…but where does the Lord fit in to them?
To live for the kingdom of God means to approach each day – including this day – with the desires of the Lord foremost on our minds.
- What do You wish to see from me today, Lord?
- How do You want me to think about myself?
- How do You want me to think about others?
- How do You want me to think about You?
If you do not dedicate at least a portion of your time this morning to these sorts of questions in anticipation of the day, then it is hard to see how you are living as if the Lord matters.
And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me.
– Luke 9:23 [emphasis added]