Homosexuality Is Wrong

I should not have to write a headline or statement like this:  Homosexuality is wrong.  The reason I should not have to is that God has already made known to every human heart the truth of this statement.  However, the world in our day contradicts this blatantly.  When I say “blatantly” I mean that society not only says that homosexuality is right but that those who do not support it are wrong.  This could not be more backwards.    As a result, the children of our society are confused and put at more risk for sexual temptation and its consequences than they otherwise would be.  Homosexuality is outside of the will of God.  It is a sin.  It is wrong.  We who know this must say so lest children continue to be misled by society.

Adopting and perpetuating the euphemism of “gay” is simply a way of attempting to sanitize and legitimize something that is inherently unclean.  Taking something bad and calling it something good does not make it good.

This does not mean that it is right for anyone to show disrespect – in any degree – to homosexuals.  They deserve our compassion, not our condemnation.  We should always be gentle with those who have turned aside from the truth, for in that way we have a better chance of turning them back to the truth.  Not only that, but even if we have not committed the sin of homosexuality we have committed other sins.  Therefore, who are we to stand in judgment of another?

Everyone is going to heaven, but we want to get there by the path of righteousness (i.e. morality), not the path of unrighteousness (i.e. immorality).

Let us all repent and turn to Him who is able to redeem us from all sin by His loving presence and watchful eye:  Jesus Christ our Lord.

Bible notes on this post.

The purpose of this blog is to praise Jesus Christ for those who want to hear about Him without having to join a church, organization, mailing list, or anything else other than Him.

Bookmark and Share

This entry was posted in Repentance to Righteousness and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Homosexuality Is Wrong

1. sorentmd says:

Ah, the 21st century and homosexuality… need I say more? hahaha

You hit the nail on the head about roles being reversed. And I like the emphasis that we are all sinners and that we are no better in that sense than they, though certainly you would agree that in both cases we should intend and do our best to refrain from sin. I think that is the big thing. Too often when we point out other’s faults and such we get accused of judging. But it is not judging to point out sin, rather, the aim of doing so is to help the person quit that behavior for their own good. Of course I cannot judge since I am a sinner, only God can judge. But that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t be able to help others in their areas of struggle and give constructive criticism.

2. The problem with your argument is that there is no reason beyond “I said so!” or “the god I believe said so!”. If you had a reason beyond that why homosexuality was wrong, I might be compelled to believe you. But as you don’t, I don’t.

Homosexuality isn’t right or wrong. It just is a way that certain people are. And good for them.

Your view is a common one, but that does not make it right.

All sex outside of marriage between a man and a woman is wrong. I do not need to list the varieties to make the point.

Our Creator has endowed us not only with certain unalienable rights but also with certain morals which cannot be disavowed. Both the rights and the morals are self-evident, no matter how many people formulate arguments against them. If you will return your heart to your Creator, He will restore your conscience to you and you will see clearly what has been obscured by self-centered human opinion.

• “I do not need to list the varieties to make the point.”

No one asked you for the varieties.

“Both the rights and the morals are self-evident”

Apparently not, as I asked for reasons why homosexuality is wrong. You failed to give any good reason.

No one needs a good reason to believe that lying is wrong. No one needs a good reason to believe that stealing is wrong. No one needs a good reason to believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong (and homosexuality is way out of marriage).

That you are asking for a reason indicates that you are denying the testimony of your own conscience.

• “No one needs a good reason to believe that lying is wrong. No one needs a good reason to believe that stealing is wrong.”

Yes you do. You have to have it demonstrated that doing such things cause harm. “Don’t do it or I’ll smack you” is a horrible way to try and teach morals.

“No one needs a good reason to believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong”

Yes, actually, you do need a good reason to believe that. Because if it’s done between two single people who both want to do it and done safely, there’s nothing wrong with it.

“Don’t do it or I’ll smack you” is a horrible way to try and teach morals.

Of course, it is…but what does this have to do with our discussion? Your statement here is a non sequitur.

• “I hope you are not a neighbor of mine because I now realize that you freel free to lie to me and steal from me until and unless I can demonstrate that your doing so causes harm.”

Having lived a life in which I was taught things, not just told them, I am well aware that lying and stealing very often causes harm. However, occasionally, lying causes no harm…like saying that you look very dashing in that shirt and tie. That may be truth, or it may be a lie. Either way, it causes no harm.

“Of course, it is…but what does this have to do with our discussion?”

Is it not the Christian way of teaching morals? Do as I say or you burn for eternity! You don’t need a reason why it’s bad…just the fact that I say so is good enough!

“P.S. The mere fact that you have to take precautions in order to do it “safely” ought to tell you something.”

So you take no precautions when you get in a car and drive? Or go out hunting for food? Remind me not to become a neighbor of yours.

If you are going to compliment someone, you should do so on the basis of something true about them. Otherwise, you have corrupted yourself…as well as the other person if they believe you.

This is not the way of Jesus Christ. He taught by example as well as by precept. He gave His life practicing what He preached.

If I have to take extra precautions – beyond what’s normal – when I get in a car and drive then, yes, you might be wise to avoid becoming a neighbor of mine.

3. newenglandsun says:

I am bisexual and I take great offense to this.